Friday, January 6, 2012

{Homeschool} Literature Kits

If you go to the section in the bookstore that houses the reading guide workbooks for kids, you will see that there are a TON of choices. Choosing the right guide for your child can be overwhelming.

I wanted to share one of my favorite lines of reading guides with you because I really like them. I don't flood this blog with product endorsements because I use great discernment when recommending something. I do not get paid to review or endorse anything!

Anyway, here they are:
Shiloh Literature Kit
Sign of the Beaver Literature Kit

The guides are called Literature Kits and come in all the standard gradeschool books that gradeschoolers are supposed to read. The worksheets for each chapter (or sets of chapters) include one "Before You Read" worksheet and 2-3 "After You Read" worksheets. I really like that the chapters are split into smaller chunks, usually no more than 3 at a time, so that the student doesn't feel overwhelmed with reading FOUR WHOLE CHAPTERS! Oh my!

Other types of work in the books are: Vocabulary, writing prompts, overhead transparencies, reading comprehension, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment