Saturday, April 16, 2011

241 Tote by Noodlehead

I made this bag this past Friday and finished it on Saturday. I would have finished it on Friday had I not screwed up my interior zipper and said TO HECK WITH IT. Sometimes you just have to stop and come back to a project. The strange thing is that I always mess up the things that I have done a million times. You know, the things I should not screw up.

Anyway, the pattern is the 241 Tote by Noodlehead and overall it was pretty easy. There are two options with this bag: One calls for the side pockets and one has two zippered sections on the outside of the bag. I wanted to do both, actually. I think doing both is certainly feasible but I wasn't sure how the corduroy fabric would behave with the zippers. Since those would have been on the outside and I didn't have much extra of that fabric, I decided to forego the exterior zippers and just go with the pockets.

The only issue I had with the pattern is sewing the side panels to the main panel. The instructions say to use tons of pins and I found that to be cumbersome so I just lined up the panels as I went. They didn't line up exactly but I don't think I can tell now that the bag is finished. I'm sure I will get better at this the next time I make this bag.

Yep, there will be a next time! I can't say this for a lot of patterns. I love this bag. It's the perfect size and I love the exterior pockets! I carried it Saturday and today and it's a great bag.

Have you sewn this bag yet? I'd love to hear your comments/issues.



2011 04 16 241 Tote Noodlehead-1

2011 04 16 241 Tote Noodlehead-2

No comments:

Post a Comment