Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Funky Architecture of Mr. Gehry

In college, I fell in love with the work of Frank Gehry, thanks to an Industrial Design class I took as a humanities credit. Hey, it was better than taking an English class, by far. Gehry's buildings are funky. Click HERE to see all the images of his work.


During my visit to Boston two years ago, I made sure to visit one of his building's at MIT:
2010 Boston MIT
It was a little bit difficult to photograph because there were so many other buildings surrounding it, but I am happy with this photo. And here's Kendall pretending to be the I in MIT:
2010 Boston MIT
Last week, my family & I were visiting the Cleveland Museum of Art. As we pulled into their parking lot, I saw Gehry's signature metal & brick just sitting there at this random college. (Case Western Reserve University) My family probably thought I was crazy because I squealed like a little school girl. I told them that I WOULD be visiting this building after the museum. Lucky for me, I was the driver and they had no choice! **Evil laugh** I did a quick walk around and take photos trip, so they wouldn't get too mad at me!  Here they are:
2012 06 16 Frank Gehry, Cleveland, OH
2012 06 16 Frank Gehry, Cleveland, OH
2012 06 16 Frank Gehry, Cleveland, OH
2012 06 16 Frank Gehry, Cleveland, OH
2012 06 16 Frank Gehry, Cleveland, OH

No comments:

Post a Comment