Sunday, October 23, 2011

Red (or blue or black or purple) Velvet Cake

It is no secret that my favorite cake is Red Velvet. There are a couple of variations in recipes, but I prefer the one without cocoa. I also prefer buttercream icing as opposed to the traditional cream cheese icing. I supposed everyone else likes this combination too because they keep asking me to bring these cupcakes. So I do. This past weekend, we hosted our 3rd Annual Chili Cookoff in our cul de sac and I made some Halloween-themed Black Velvet Mini Cupcakes with bright orange buttercream icing.


2011 10 Red Velvet Cake-2
The beauty of this cake is that it can be ANY COLOR. What?!? How fun is that? You don't get that with a chocolate cake! Yes, my wedding cake was PINK velvet! Yes!!! See it?
Want to see it again?
That's what it looks like all over my husband's bald head. Note the laughing crowd in the background!

Click HERE for the Red Velvet Recipe.
Click HERE for the Buttercream Icing Recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment