Monday, February 20, 2012

{Sewing} Something For Me!

Guess what, folks...drumroll, please...I made something for myself. Shocking, I know. I was recently gifted an iPad and really wanted to be able to take it with me wherever I go. I don't really do small bags, so I knew that I needed to design a big bag that would suit my needs. Here's what I came up with:


2012 02 Forshee, April -1
The pockets on either side of the exterior are the perfect
size and give easy access to a smartphone.


2012 02 Forshee, April -5
Zippered Top--This is the 1st time I had done this and it was easy!
I got my instructions from Lisa Liam's Bag Making Bible.
2012 02 Forshee, April -7
A row of interior pockets
2012 02 Forshee, April -6
And a zippered pocket that runs the width of the bag...I didn't
have two of the same color zippers and that bugs me to death!
2012 02 Forshee, April -8
And my trio of matching goodies! Tote, Zippered Pouch, iPad Sleeve


The dimensions are roughly 17" tall x 14" wide x 4" deep. It's quite a large bag. The only thing I would change is that I would make the strap adjustable and able to go cross body. It was quite a shoulder breaker carrying all my stuff + my dSLR + iPad, etc.. Fortunately I used those little hardware rectangles, so the strap can easily be changed!

Me being my fancy self, designed the bag design myself. It's not really that fancy, though. It's just a square bag!

1 comment:

  1. I've just given you the Liebster Blog Award. Your blog is beautiful, and you deserve to be noticed. I linked one of the photos from this post...hope that's okay! :)

    ReplyDelete