Monday, November 8, 2010

Custom Baby Blanket

My mother in law asked me to make a baby blanket as a shower gift for a baby girl. I don't really DO baby/kid stuff, but I knew I could come up with something. I'm always dying to use a lot of girly fabric and do some sort of girly embroidery. She pretty much gave me a blank canvas to work with, which is good and bad. Good because I had freedom. Scary because I really wanted the recipient to love it.

Last week I was in Chattanooga, TN and googled "Chattanooga, TN quilt shops" and out came a link to Sew Bee It, which is in Ringgold, GA which happens to be on my way home to Marietta! They have a great selection of fabrics (and yarns!) and I will definitely be going back. The ladies helped me choose two prints that would go together (I am not good at this) and made me feel right at home! We chose some Kaffe Fassett fabric with a minky fleece from Moda on the back. I also used the minky fleece to do a flower applique on the front. So soft!

Ok, so here's the blanket:
2010 11 8 Baby Blanket-6

2010 11 8 Baby Blanket-5

2010 11 8 Baby Blanket-4

2010 11 8 Baby Blanket-2

2010 11 8 Baby Blanket-1

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable - they will love it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super cute and you will have a hard time keeping these items on your shelvs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really lovely blanket. I think the flower applique was a really nice touch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete